[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”5″ gal_title=”The 10th Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth-Triangle Summit (10th IMT-GT Summit)”]
The 10th Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle Summit (10th IMT-GT Summit) was held on 29 April 2017 at Summit Hall C, Philippine International Convention Center. The Summit was chaired by His Excellency Dato’ Seri Najib Razak, Prime Minister of Malaysia with the presence of His Excellency Mr. Joko Widodo, President of the Republic of Indonesia, and His Excellency General Prayuth Chan-O-Cha, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of The meeting was also attended by Honorable Datuk Seri Abdul Rahman Dahlan, Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department of Malaysia, Honorable Mr. Arkhom Termpittayapaisith, Minister of Transport and Honorable Mr. Darmin Nasution, Coordinating Minister for Economic Affairs. His Excellency, Mr. Le Luong Minh, Secretary-General of ASEAN and Mr. Stephen Groff, Vice President (Operation 2) of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) also attended the Summit.
The Meeting was called to order by the Chairperson at 19.30 hrs. The Meeting was conducted in plenary.
In the Closing Remark, His Excellency Chairperson reiterated the key agreements made as outlined the Joint Statement:
- The Leaders are pleased to adopt the IMT-GT Vision 2036 and IMT-GT Implementation Blueprint 2017-2021.
- The Leaders commit to implement a total of US$47 billion worth of physical connectivity projects to enhance physical connectivity across IMT-GT under the Implementation Blueprint 2017-2021 and subsequent Implementation Blueprint.
- The Leaders tasked the ministers to upscale the Green City Initiative by completing the implementation of the existing Green City Action Plan (GCAP) programmes, expand this initiative to other cities and develop a network of green cities throughout the sub-region.
- The Leaders also welcomed the adoption of the IMT-GT University Network (UNINET) Charter and Strategic Action Plan 2017-2021.
- The Leaders also directed the Ministers to adopt a sub-regional tourism strategic framework.
His Excellency Chairperson then concluded the meeting by expressing his sincere appreciation and gratitude to the Excellencies President of Indonesia and Prime Minister of Thailand for their participation in the 10th IMT-GT Summit in Manila, Philippines and looking forward to the next Summit, next year.