This seminar on Cheng Ho in conjunction with the Cheng Ho Festival was held in The Pines, Melaka on 14-15 November 2019 bring forth both academic and practical from Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and Republic of China discourses on the potential and opportunities of this important historical figure in different areas of interest particularly in tourism which involves the Indonesia – Malaysia – Thailand – Growth Triangle (IMT-GT) subregion.
The outcome of the seminar as stated below:
- Cheng Ho’s Heritage legacy need to be protected and preserved as symbol of peace and the greatness of maritime civilisation.
- Further research needs to be conduct across the board regarding the fleet admiral Cheng Ho’s legacy.
- Empowering diplomatic relations between countries visited by the fleet Admiral Cheng Ho.
- Identifying the all the Admiral Cheng Ho heritage routes and trade relations with IMT-GT countries in order to make Cheng Ho’s trace as an attraction for tourism package in those countries.
- Establish collaboration between experts and institutions related to heritage and cultures from IMT-GT countries.
- Tourism products in references to the fleet Admiral Cheng Ho such as handy crafts foods, health and cultures are spread as attraction to generate the economy and resident’s income in IMT-GT subregion.